PDA

View Full Version : Barn Swallow

Krishna Prasad kotti
09-21-2019, 08:25 PM
I made this image in Corson's Inlet SP, New Jersey.

We came to see this place to see nesting Least Terns. We had to walk quite way to get to least terns.
After searching for a while we saw least terns with chicks. Once we came back to the car, I saw barn swallows below the bridge perched to a branch.
This was one of my last images of the trip before we packed and headed to airport.

Camera Settings:-
===============
Nikon D500 300 f/4 + 1.4 x TCIII
1/1600 sec; f/5.6; ISO 1600
Manual; Matrix metering
Fill Flash

Post Processing:-
===============
Raw Processing using C1P
Cropped Vertically from Horizontal Image.
Nik 25-25 Filter on Bird at reduced opacity
Neat Image NR
Sharpening for Presentation
Burning the Highlights selectively
No Cloning.

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
Krishna

John Mack
09-22-2019, 08:03 AM
Like the vertical framing and that wide open mouth. The image quality is quite good.

dankearl
09-22-2019, 08:51 AM
Steep angle and a lot of noise in the BG..

Dorian Anderson
09-22-2019, 06:22 PM
There is some really nice contrast in this frame, but the bird is a bit high and the lack of more engaging eye contact makes it difficult to connect to the subject. I also wish there was more DOF across the perch. The bit that crosses the bird and sticks up to the right is a bit distracting for me.

arash_hazeghi
09-23-2019, 01:54 AM
I like the calling pose and the dark BG but agree the shooting angle is too steep which has reduced the apparent eye contact

TFS

Jonathan Ashton
09-24-2019, 02:27 PM
I have seen the reservations mentioned and I agree in principal but probably find them less disturbing. I find the image quite attention seeking, the exposure on the bird is very good indeed, the wide gape holds my attention so I find I do not dwell quite so much on the other shortcomings, I like it!

Krishna Prasad kotti
09-25-2019, 08:33 AM
Thank you all for the comments.

Bird is actually parallel me. I deliberately went down to get black background which might has caused steep angle