PDA

View Full Version : Misty Waters

Blake Shadle
07-02-2008, 01:10 AM
Created this image a while back. I was driving on my way home from Ft. Desoto when I decided to pull over and take advantage of an opportunity before we crossed the Skyway Bridge... my wife wasn't too thrilled, but I was :D

Shooting Solution
Camera: Nikon D200
Lens: Nikon 18-70mm @ 18mm
Manual Exposure, 5 seconds @ f/22, ISO 100
Camera mounted on Giottos legs

Comments welcome and very much appreciated :)

Thanks for looking!

Grady Weed
07-02-2008, 06:51 AM
Thats why they make cars with 2 and 4 doors Blake. So she can jump out and drive off for a coffee when you get out to take an image. Love the subdued color and milky light water and the slight sun ray reflection.

Robert Amoruso
07-02-2008, 07:21 AM
The light definitely makes the image here Blake and the composition is well done. I would like to see more shadow tonal separation in the left and right corners. Probably your TIFF has it, JPG transition may have lost some. Would have been a killer scene for HDR.

Roman Kurywczak
07-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Hey Blake,
Nice to see you down here..........hope they warned you that my favorite tool in PS is the crop tool. I had the same feling that Robert did..........and I also felt the bottom of the scene was a little "heavy" and took away from the water and color. so with my favorite tool............I took some of that heavyness away. I even went higher with the crop than what i posted below to a pano........above the shadow area of the large rock on the left........but didn't want to give you a crop heart attack (I did like it that way too). I also added +6 to H&S......that's it. Let me know what you think!