PDA

View Full Version : Roseate Spoonbill

Joseph Przybyla
09-18-2019, 02:21 PM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, image captured at 310mm
1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV -2/3 ISO 200 Auto WB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reduction
Cropped for composition and presentation

John Mack
09-18-2019, 07:30 PM
Nice view of this spoonbill. You handled the light well. Like the look back pose and the vertical framing.

Krishna Prasad kotti
09-18-2019, 08:55 PM
Nice Colors and Head turn. I would have done dodging on the head

TFS

Randy Stout
09-19-2019, 07:37 AM
Joe:

Very nice colors, pose, composition and depth of field. The exposure looks good on my monitor

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
09-19-2019, 01:08 PM
What a beautiful spoonbill! Great look-back pose. Vertical comp is a good call. Maybe a bit more left and top. The far leg is rather dark, if you have more detail in there that would be great. Gotta love that eye!

Dorian Anderson
09-19-2019, 11:58 PM
Really lovely frame, eye contact and colors are perfect. Only issue I have is that this is what kinda in-between a super detailed (and closer) headshot and a more artistic lower angle view. It's a nice shot as is, but could have been elevated artistically elevated by being closer or lower.

Joseph Przybyla
09-20-2019, 08:10 AM
Really lovely frame, eye contact and colors are perfect. Only issue I have is that this is what kinda in-between a super detailed (and closer) headshot and a more artistic lower angle view. It's a nice shot as is, but could have been elevated artistically elevated by being closer or lower.

Hey Dorian, like your hummingbird. I hear your suggestions regarding closer and lower, neither was possible. The bird was in the middle of a small pond and in Florida you don't go in the water unless it is ocean (and that has another set of problems not made public). As for a lower angle, I was sitting on the ground aways from the edge of the water. Here the edge of fresh water is not a good place. There are these big reptiles that if present ambush what strays near the water. Every year here there are alligator attacks on careless people, sometimes deaths. Thank you for viewing and commenting, I appreciated your comments and suggestions.