PDA

View Full Version : Yes, I Know Mike Moats. Why do you ask?

Bruce Murden
07-01-2008, 11:24 PM
And I was in his vicinity, on a Oregon coast beach. Maybe it was his aura. Maybe it was lack of a shower. Who knows?

Nikon D80, Nikon 105mm macro, ISO100, 1/3 sec @ f/29, generally overcast.

Mike Moats
07-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Hey Bruce, I'll sue for copyright infringment.:D Nothin better than charred wood for a BG. Not sure how high your f-stop goes, but looks like you needed a little more DOF in the back. Good diagonal placement, and nice contrast.

Kaushik Balakumar
07-02-2008, 05:44 PM
:))
Liked ur title. From the thumbnail, I too thought for a moment that it is Mike Moats'.
Liked the composition. Agree with Mike on DOF...
TFS.

Robert O'Toole
07-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Very nice bruce. The light is so nice and the color contrast really pops. I dont mind the DOF in the upper left at all. I would really like to see more room all around the subject. It is much too tight for me. I like to use 2/3rd max size in a comp to avoid a crowded look.

Robert

Ed Vatza
07-03-2008, 06:07 AM
Like the color combination. Like the background. Like the composition. The focus doesn't bother me at all. A winner in my book.

Roman Kurywczak
07-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Hey Bruce,
I'm with Robert on the more room........but right and bottom would be fine for me........and not too much........I wouldn't want to lose my tight crop reputation :D! I am also of the more DOF school (sorry Robert........I need a 10 step recovery program).......but I do actually not mind it as presented as it falls off on the stem!