PDA

View Full Version : ODKF with a frog

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-08-2019, 10:44 PM
This is the third image from my series of the oriental dwarf kingfisher, this time in pouring rain and with a frog. The perch was provided and was a log of natural weathered wood from the same forest area. The nest was close by, and the KF would come back with different feeds.
1DX II
500mm II plus 1.4 X TC III
Tripod and gimbal
1/250
f/6.3
ISO 6400

kevin Hice
09-08-2019, 11:15 PM
Great shot ,love the colors and the frog is really nice.Liked your previous shots too. TFS

gail bisson
09-09-2019, 03:53 AM
Love the KF and the prey.
The raindrops all look good except that big one behind the KF.
If this is a set-up I would put up a smaller diameter perch and place the perch parallel to the camera- I find the OOF perch in the FG a bit overwhelming.
But the KF looks great and what a prey item.
Gail

Jonathan Ashton
09-09-2019, 04:49 AM
Sanjeev this is a little gem, I like the composition colours and exposure. The prey is well displayed. The perch might be a tad "heavy" but it looks entirely natural and the scene looks credibly real to me. If this scenario is repeatable I would be curious to see a slimmer perch, but not a "perfect" one.
I also like the dark and gradually lighter background, this again makes me think natural circumstances as opposed to "clean and clinical".

Colin Driscoll
09-09-2019, 05:49 AM
This is the pick of this series, much less shadow on the bird and the frog and its eye is terrific.

Bill Dix
09-09-2019, 10:29 AM
You're getting your money's worth from this little guy. Great colors, prey, head turn, BG. I agree with Gail's comment about the perch, but if he keeps coming back to it, he must like it.

William Dickson
09-09-2019, 01:14 PM
I like this one better than your last one, and that was real good. Lovely detail and colours throughout. Also a good HA on both the bird and the prey. I have to agree about the perch. I am sure slightly thinner would be better, but, as Bill said, he must like this one. I have noticed with our Kingfishers, they adapt to new perches quite easily, as I have witnessed in the past.

Will

Mike Poole
09-10-2019, 07:46 AM
Beautiful shot Sanjeev, everything fell into place here with the head and body angles. Great subject and prey item, I agree with Gail about the one drop behind the bird

Mike

John Mack
09-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Another beauty, love that rain. The frog is great as well. What a bird.