PDA

View Full Version : Eye Textures !

haseeb badar
09-03-2019, 12:53 AM
Hello everyone. Thank you for all your comments and suggestions to my previous post, as always much appreciated.

Here is an experimental shot with an Elephant calf feeding close by with its mum at Dudhwa. I have seen numerous such images and thought to try myself taking inspiration from such shots.

DPP 4.8, PSCC 2019, BW conversion, clarity, contrast, curves, sharpening.

Canon 1DX MK II , Canon 500mm f4 L IS II with 1.4x T.C., Bean Bag.

ss 1/2000, f/8, iso 4000.

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions be it of any nature.

Haseeb.

Steve Kaluski
09-03-2019, 04:26 AM
Hi Haseeb, kudos in exploring and thinking outside the box, but for me it's not working.

For me I want to see the eye as this is key, hard with this subject and rarely do you get to see this clearly, perhaps try a different subject next time like an antelope that have gorgeous, open eyes, or big cate, like a Leopard. Secondly there is too much dead/negative space to the RHS.

I would perhaps also look at being a bot more dramatic with the tonal range to give it some 'guts' and even add a hint of warmth too ie Tint, but NOT Sepia.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
09-03-2019, 02:20 PM
Hi Haseeb i can only echo Steve´s thoughts .
Matching 100% with mine . Sorry ... but never stop trying and making experiments :bg3:

TFS Andreas

haseeb badar
09-03-2019, 09:46 PM
Thank you Steve and Andreas and need to be sorry as your advice and opinions have helped me a lot .

liked the idea of trying something similar on animals with clear big eyes and cats for that matter. Looking forward to do the same next time. And will keep experimenting.

thank you once again.

Matt Sutherland
09-04-2019, 01:37 AM
Hi, Haseeb. This is very nice. There are a few things that I might change: If mine, I would like to get the eye out of the center of the frame (but on the horizontal axis; vertically it is good). The DOF, i feel, could be evened out from L to R because there is texture from frame left all the way to center and then it falls off dramatically-- you might choose a little more than F4 and/or shoot a bit more perpendicularly to the profile of the elephant. A slightly lower shooting angle might reveal more of the eye. Maybe bring down the highlights a bit. Keep it up the good work!

haseeb badar
09-04-2019, 02:19 PM
Thank you Matt , much appreciated.

John Mack
09-08-2019, 07:18 PM
The texture is very nice. Also like the black and white processing here. Yes more view of the eye would have been great.