PDA

View Full Version : harrassed oystercatcher

carole wiley
07-01-2008, 07:20 PM
I only see these birds once in a while, there are three who hang around where I go, usually much too far away. On this day, this particular OC was being harassed by terns. I had to crop an unsightly log out of the bottom.

40D 100-400 @400
AV f5.6
ISO 250
1/1250
Thank you for looking.

Alfred Forns
07-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Hi Caorle Great pose and expression

Love the kicked up dirt and low angle Would consider leveling the image and bringing down the tone in the wings both are a little over You did well with the log eviction. Pleasing and high impact !!!

Lance Peters
07-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Hi Carole - welcome to the wonderful BPN family lots of friendly helpful people here.

Love the action and teh low angle.

I have made some real qucik and dirty changes - toned down the bright arae's a little and sharpened the eye.

Hope you like.
:)

Gail Spitler
07-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Carole
What a neat image!!! Very unusual. Well done
Like Lance's repost.
Gail

Gus Hallgren
07-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Hi, Super photo, love it . . . Lance's repost the icing on the cake . . .Well done! Gus :)

Katie Rupp
07-02-2008, 12:59 PM
This is a great action shot, Carole and toning down the whites will make it even better. Congrats.

Arthur Morris
07-02-2008, 07:58 PM
You certainly did a great job of capturing the action, but, this image has many serious problems... The open bill and the flying sand are plusses.

1-a total lack of contrast featuring washed out blacks
2-a funky/unsharp eye.
3-overall need for sharpening
4-merge of the head with the primaries of the far wing

Sorry to rain on your parade but no way to get better with everyone telling you great image when it has problems.... (Years ago, just getting any action in the frame got rave reviews, but over the past decade the bar has been raised...