PDA

View Full Version : Castle Mountain

Paul Kammen
08-29-2019, 09:56 PM
A cloudy evening but kind of liked the texture on the clouds at Castle Mountain in Banff.

10-22mm lens at 11mm, f13, ISO 100, 5 exposures combined into HDR.

Thanks for any comments.

John Mack
08-31-2019, 09:47 AM
Nice scene overall. Like the foreground elements with the wild flowers. Nice detail throughout.

Paul Kammen
09-09-2019, 09:16 PM
Nice scene overall. Like the foreground elements with the wild flowers. Nice detail throughout.

Thanks, I really fell in love with the Banff area, hoping to get back within a year or two.

Krishna Prasad kotti
09-18-2019, 07:39 PM
Though I like the image. I feel the image quality is bit down.

I am thinking of having soft water. I like the clouds which add to the image.

TFS

Jonathan Ashton
09-22-2019, 02:17 PM
Beautiful scenery, I appreciate it is an HDR image, I wonder how it would look layering and masking the images (presume at differing exposures) and processing without HDR effect. The image looks as if it a little bit beaten up, i appreciate that often how HDR is - just curious to see a more natural look. You will no doubt realise I am not much of a landscape photographer so don't take my comment to heart:S3:

Andrew McLachlan
11-26-2019, 04:03 PM
I think Krishna makes a great point...a long exposure would have blurred the water, which would draw our attention to the flowers and the distant mountain. I do agree the HDR seems to have given this scene a bit of an over-processed look.