PDA

View Full Version : White-tail buck

John Mack
08-29-2019, 06:32 PM
This image was created in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park on 8/11/19 at 7:49PM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Small crop.

Canon 5D MarkIV
Sigma 150-600 Contemporary
388mm
ISO 6400
f8.0
1/320sec

Jonathan Ashton
08-30-2019, 03:55 AM
I really like this one. The image is i one that I would immediately look at and say to myself in retrospect , "I wish I had gone a little lower". The reason for this would be it may have separated the chin from the back. Super details, I suppose a tiny bit more DOF would have been advantageous to get the slightly left of central tine pin sharp but that is a minor issue, I really like this image. There is a small amount of noise in the background but that looks perfectly acceptable to me.

greg cowle
08-31-2019, 07:05 AM
Great details and background, really balanced image.

Steve Kaluski
09-02-2019, 09:06 AM
Overall John, it works, but as previous comments to similar images, you need to start to look at getting more 'tonal depth' into your images. You have certainly cracked the back of a lot of things over the last year, but now is all about honing both settings/framing & your PP .

TFS
Steve

Mike Poole
09-02-2019, 09:34 AM
I love this one John, one of your better frames for me. I really like all the velvet on the antlers which add so much to the shot. A little NR on the BG wouldn't go amiss but no deal breaker

Mike