PDA

View Full Version : Theme Laughing Gull... Breeding Plumage And Colors

Joseph Przybyla
08-29-2019, 06:55 AM
I captured this image at Lake Mirror in Lakeland, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, image captured at 400mm
1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV -1 ISO 160 Auto 1 WB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reduction
Cropped for composition and presentation

P.S. Learn more about Lake Mirror in the BAA Middle Florida Photography Site Guide available on the Birds As Art Online Store.

Arthur Morris
08-29-2019, 07:00 AM
Nicely done with a good head angle and a perfect exposure. You might wish to clean up the sand bits on the bill. Again, you did well with an awkward image design ...

with love, artie

ps:
ps: if you'd like to visit Lake Mirro, Circle Bar B, other excellent Lakeland locations, and a few more great spots, check out The BAA Middle of Florida Site Guide (https://birdsasart-shop.com/the-baa-middle-of-florida-photographic-site-guide/) that I co-wrote and co-illustrated with Joe.

John Mack
08-29-2019, 06:58 PM
Gorgeous looking laughing full. Very nice breeding plumage as well. The composition is well executed.

Daniel Cadieux
08-30-2019, 12:05 PM
I love the deep red bill and eyering. Perhaps a touch more sharpening for the fine details on the face, otherwise very nice.