PDA

View Full Version : Monarch

John Mack
08-28-2019, 07:53 PM
This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 8/24/19 at 7:07AM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Camera on sticks triggered with remote.

Full frame.

Canon 5D MarkIV
Canon 180mm 3.5L Macro USM
ISO 800
f/13
1/20sec

Krishna Prasad kotti
08-29-2019, 08:28 AM
Some how this does not work for me compositionally as well as your other images..

TFS

Ravi Hirekatur
08-29-2019, 08:45 PM
I think it is a difficult composition given the stem is diagonal and the butterfly is hanging down, but I think you handled well. There are no leading lines such as stems, but my first glance goes toward the wing tip and straight on to the head, all of which are sharp. Great background, well captured. I wonder if you crop a little on the top, would the improve composition?

Jonathan Ashton
08-30-2019, 04:05 AM
Well processed and focused, I like the dew too. Composition is about as good as you could get, the problem is the position of the butterfly with its wing being in that position overlying the stem. If is was not so it would have been much more clearly delineated and then maybe you could have rotated clockwise a little more... but it wasn't and that's why it is like it is.

Steve Maxson
09-06-2019, 11:23 AM
Perhaps the most interesting image of a monarch I have yet seen! I don't have the problems with the comp that others seem to have. Excellent work - as usual!