PDA

View Full Version : Late Bloomers

Krishna Prasad kotti
08-27-2019, 10:54 AM
I made this image in Nickerson Beach NY.

⁣Last July I went to Nickerson Beach and I saw lot of chicks for Common Terns. Most of the Common Terns completed nesting phase. This pair is still in mating stage. ⁣⁣

Camera Settings:-
===============
Nikon D500 600 f/4 + 1.4 x TCIII
1/320 sec; f/8; ISO 2000
Manual; Matrix metering
Fill Flash

Post Processing:-
===============
Raw Processing using C1
Square Cropping
Neat Image NR
Sharpening for Presentation
Cloned Few out of Focus Elements on the Beach.
Removed White eyes due to flash.

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
Krishna

Moe Richard
08-27-2019, 01:37 PM
Superb poses and POV. Effective wing tip blur.

John Mack
08-27-2019, 04:17 PM
Nice behavioral frame. Light looks nice and the beach is clean. Like the square crop.

Daniel Cadieux
08-27-2019, 07:28 PM
It's not for a lack of trying from these two I suppose! Perfect amount of blur to the raised wings (do you have more room up there by any chance?). Bummer the female is not as sharp as the male. The catchlights eem like add-ons to me...if they are I'd place them at the same relative position on each individual's eyes (e.g. 12 o'clock-ish on both). Super nice low angle you got, and I like the green in the BG.

Krishna Prasad kotti
08-28-2019, 05:46 PM
It's not for a lack of trying from these two I suppose! Perfect amount of blur to the raised wings (do you have more room up there by any chance?). Bummer the female is not as sharp as the male. The catchlights eem like add-ons to me...if they are I'd place them at the same relative position on each individual's eyes (e.g. 12 o'clock-ish on both). Super nice low angle you got, and I like the green in the BG.

Thanks Dan

I do not have any room at the top. This image was taken horizontal converted to vertical.

Catch lights are as it is. I just remove the white eye which came from flash.

Dorian Anderson
08-28-2019, 06:29 PM
Such a cool behavior and pose. The male's head is perfect, but the frame falls off from that point as far as I cam concerned. I'm not a fan of the very blurred wings, and it's a bummer the female isn't near sharp enough. Lighting conditions look really tough even with the flash. I do applaud the super low angle though, its a great view.

William Dickson
08-29-2019, 03:52 PM
Very nice frame....A few tweaks and I reckon you got a beauty here. Perfect POV...Well done

Will