PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Mounds Badlands Sd

kevin Hice
08-24-2019, 02:32 PM
Shot this in the National park. Trying to do more landscape photography. Have been inspired by some of the other posts. Processed in Dpp 4 and Photoshop. Comments and critiques appreciated.
I know the vegetation isn't sharp as the wind was blowing between twenty an 30 mph. I even stood on the side of the tripod to slow down the wind. Used a remote.
Canon 5D Mark 1V
16/35 f/4 L IS
19 mm
Manual
f 16
ISO 100

John Mack
08-27-2019, 04:39 PM
A nice scene overall. I could see this as a very long exposure with the clouds streaked and vegetation blurred. With a ND filter added.

Krishna Prasad kotti
09-18-2019, 07:40 PM
Tones in the image are really nice.

This is a place I am interested to visit sometime next year.

TFS

Jonathan Ashton
09-22-2019, 02:25 PM
I think the scene is interesting but the light is flat, I think a little tonal enhancement would help, i would also reduce the pink hillock in the foreground I think it is a bit dominant. John's suggestion would really enhance a situation such as this.

Andrew McLachlan
11-26-2019, 03:58 PM
I do agree with the light being a little bit flat. If it were mine I would have composed with less sky in the comp as it is not really holding much interest given the weather of the day. I think you could crop away mush of the sky leaving only a small slice across the top of the frame to help with the overall presentation.