PDA

View Full Version : Black Rhino Portrait

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-24-2019, 01:27 PM
The Rhino allowed us fairly close to get some good shots. We were at a lowish level compared to the BR, allowing a nice angle. Processed in DPP and PS CC. Haseeb, I used the resizing method you described.
1/1600
f/7.1
ISO 3200
1DX II
500 II

John Mack
08-25-2019, 06:48 PM
Nice view of this black rhino. Like the crop and the pose. Detail looks nice as well. More room below would be nice. The rhino looks so sad.

Jonathan Ashton
08-27-2019, 04:24 AM
Impressive shot, not very often we get so close up and personal with these guys! I noticed the ear, I think I am right in saying they have been notched or cut to give a distinctive profile in order to aid identification. I agree with John he does look rather sad, or maybe he's got gas:bg3:
You have rendered the hide rather nicely, he looks as though he has been in pretty deep water until fairly recently. I like the background it demonstrates context very well.

haseeb badar
08-27-2019, 04:25 AM
Doc this is a stunner ! I loved the low pov which makes the Rhino look huge and doing full justice to its huge size. I would have liked some space at the foot of the image but not sure how close this was, 100-400 mm might have been handy here. Nice details and techs and colours have come out well. Sharpness looks good to me. I loved almost everything abt this image. Very nicely done.

TFS !

Steve Kaluski
09-01-2019, 09:09 AM
Sanjeev, if you could have got a fraction lower this would have been a killer image, as rarely can you get so low with a Rhino. I might look at getting a bit more out of the file in terms of tonal range. Done quickly on the laptop, but hopefully you get the idea, cool details.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
09-01-2019, 10:43 AM
Hi Sanjeev .... just stunning !!!
Love the low POV , as it is not easy to get that position to photograph these guys .
Framing does work , but would wish for a tiny bit more room at the foot .
Color and tone are ok , but as one can see Steve has added some nice little push to take this up a notch . Plus i would change the color balance a bit to the slightly more warmer side .

Very nice work Sanjeev , TFS Andreas