PDA

View Full Version : Watch out!

Paul Burdett
08-20-2019, 03:26 AM
This Kookaburra wasn't impressed with the Noisy Miner that was irritating him...the look on the Miner's face says it all. Would have liked to get the whole wing in though.
7Dii, 100-400@271mmm 1/800th sec, f8, iso400, HH. Feedback always appreciated and learned from. Cheers.

Jonathan Ashton
08-20-2019, 05:50 AM
What a moment! We can't always have a our cake and eat it but that is a really entertaining shot, I didn't realise the kookaburra was so colourful, great stuff, tells a story.

Daniel Cadieux
08-20-2019, 06:25 AM
Really neat interaction. Although it would have been nice to have it all, I can live with the cut bird, but what is more unfortunate is the shadow on the Kookaburra's face. Always fun to encounter these unexpected situations!

Dorian Anderson
08-20-2019, 11:49 AM
beautiful view of the Kookaburra's colors! I never knew the tail was that rufous. However, i'm not sure how well the rest of the frame works, even with the interesting interaction. The Miner is out of focus and the KB's shadowed gaze away leaves the viewer disconnected.
Do you have any where the KB is looking over its shoulder and back at you? That would be really nice, albeit without the action you show here.

John Mack
08-20-2019, 04:34 PM
Love looking at the birds you post. This one is no exception. I think the incoming bird makes this one. Yes the shadow of the face is a bummer but thats the way she goes.

Paul Burdett
08-21-2019, 01:17 AM
Thank you all so much for the feedback and comments...much appreciated.
Dorian. I have a number of solo Kookaburra shots, but thought I'd post this one from the same series as the previous post. I decided not "fix up" the background on this one, so you could see the work I did on the other one. The Noisy Miner is sharper in this one, but doesn't have the same expression. Maybe I'll fix the BG on this one to.
Cheers.

Arthur Morris
08-21-2019, 09:04 AM
You might try opening up (lightening) the shaded part of the Kookaburra in the original post.

with love, artie

Paul Burdett
08-21-2019, 10:34 PM
Hi Artie. Actually i did that...but maybe it could use a little more. Cheers.

Arthur Morris
08-22-2019, 05:42 AM
Yupper. The front of the face in the OP is obviously shaded.

with love, a