PDA

View Full Version : Another Bee Attempt

Shellie Dallas
07-01-2008, 04:22 PM
I shot this today with my D300 and 105 macro 2.8. I didn't have my ring flash with me at the time so here is what I got.

1/200 at 5.6
2/3 EV
Aperture Priority mode
ISO 800

Oscar Zangroniz
07-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Great image Shellie. Excellent composition, and I specially like the colors.
BTW, I did mot mind at all that you posted your pic of your duck along with mine. You can tell the big difference in your lens.
congrats on this one. I haven't seen anymore ir from you, what happen?
Regards,

Shellie Dallas
07-01-2008, 08:48 PM
OOPS!!!! I put this photo in the wrong place! Sorry guys! Thanks Oscar! Being that I am only 1 year into my photography I am having a difficult time deciding what to shoot while learning my gear and different techniques for all the different types of photography!!! I am just getting started on the infrared. I had a D40X converted last fall and then when all the trees lost their leaves here in TN I got busy doing other photography so I am having to relearn!!! I have some old stuff to put up but I hope to get some new pics posted soon!!!! Wildlife, Macro, Infrared, Landscape......so much to learn and love it all!!!!!

Alfred Forns
07-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Hi Shellie Excellent image

I like the crop and placement All very sharp, well saturated and fine exposure Will be moving to Macro will be well received and appreciated !!! Doing real good Shellie !!!

Mike Moats
07-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Hey Shellie, a nice image with good details on the bee. I only wish the color of the right side of the BG was also on the left instead of the white. Keep em coming.

Shellie Dallas
07-01-2008, 09:43 PM
I thought the same thing Mike!!! I guess you cant always have it all..LOL Thanks for the encouraging words!!

John Cooper
07-02-2008, 04:45 AM
Very nicely portrayed Shellie with the heavy cropping emphasizing the bee. Agree about the brighter area on the left, but keep them coming!!

Robert O'Toole
07-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Image looks sharp and the action macro is not easy. But the light is too harsh for me. A diffuser was really needed here.

Robert

Shellie Dallas
07-03-2008, 06:14 AM
I will keep that in mind Robert, I had one with me but just havent used it yet...

Roman Kurywczak
07-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi Shellie,
The light is a bit harsh as Robert suggested and that diffuser will make a bigdifference. It is tough to do this all with moving subjects especially! Bright overcast days are great for macro work as the colors really pop....especially when falsh fill is used. Earlier and later in the day is always best.