PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Pennant

Joseph Przybyla
08-19-2019, 06:55 AM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, image captured at 400mm
1/2000 F/8 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 720 Auto 1 WB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reduction
Cropped from horizontal to vertical for composition and presentation

Jonathan Ashton
08-20-2019, 05:02 AM
I have been waiting for these Jo and I wasn't disappointed! Beautiful arrangement - love it!
For me the highlights are just a little high and not releasing all that detail you captured, I have done a quick edit WDYT? .......but if you go back to your TIF or raw I am sure it will be better

Joseph Przybyla
08-20-2019, 07:08 AM
I have been waiting for these Jo and I wasn't disappointed! Beautiful arrangement - love it!
For me the highlights are just a little high and not releasing all that detail you captured, I have done a quick edit WDYT? .......but if you go back to your TIF or raw I am sure it will be better

Hi Jon, thanks for editing the image to show your thoughts. I see the improvement and will change the 16 bit TIFF. Thanks again I appreciate your help and another set of eyes.

John Mack
08-20-2019, 07:12 PM
Pretty nice frame. The composition looks right on. Really dig those colors in the background. Nice and sharp with nice light.

Ravi Hirekatur
08-21-2019, 09:28 PM
Beautiful image! great looking insect, well composed and captured. great light too. sharpness throughout and perfect wing details. I like Jonathon's repost which brings out a little more details on the body.