PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile Bald Eagle

Krishna Prasad kotti
08-17-2019, 07:06 PM
I made this image in Staten Island, New York City.

Special Thanks to Isaac Grant who took me to this spot. I was extremely thrilled to see this bird up close. He mentioned it was even closer during his other visits.....

Camera Settings:-
===============
Nikon D850, 600 f/4 +1.4x TCIII
1/250 sec; f/5.6; ISO 1600
Manual; Matrix metering

Post Processing:-
===============
Raw Processing using C1P
No Cropping
Nik 25-25 Filter on Bird at reduced opacity
Neat Image NR
Sharpening for Presentation
Selective Dodging
Cloned few spots in background
Curves and Vibrance Adjustments

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
Krishna

Colin Driscoll
08-18-2019, 12:12 AM
Good calling pose, and I like the BG and the leaves.

Aditya Sridhar
08-18-2019, 12:49 AM
Lovely shot Krishna! I like the tiny bit of vegetation in the top-left corner. The calling pose is awesome, the perch and the BG are great. The blacks look thin to me though. Adding a few points to the blacks using Selective Color would help I think. The image also feels slightly off-balance in terms of composition and the bird looks cramped, so a bit more room at the top and to the RHS would take this up a notch, I feel. Well done and TFS. Would love to see a Bald Eagle someday.

Matt Sutherland
08-18-2019, 02:18 AM
Nicely done, Krishna. Everything from colors to framing looks good to me. A great shot, congrats!

gail bisson
08-18-2019, 07:48 AM
Nice calling pose and shooting angle not too bad.
I would add a bit more to the top and the right if you have the canvas.
The leaves in LUC add a lot.
IQ is excellent.
Looks like you really smoothed out the BG. I would burn the vertical white OOF outline of the branch to the right of eagle's chest.
Gail

John Mack
08-18-2019, 09:32 AM
Nice screaming pose on this bald eagle. Like the vertical framing. The green background is nice as well.

Alex Becker
08-18-2019, 09:34 AM
Great pose, perch and composition. Love the upper leaves. Agree with Gail about smoothing over the white streak. I might be tempted to add some more depth as the bird looks just a bit thin. TFS

Krishna Prasad kotti
08-18-2019, 03:21 PM
Repost
=================
Did not have more room at the top. This is full frame with no cropping.
I added more points to Black Selective color. I tried to burn vertical white OOF outline, but did not like it so left it as it is

Thank you for the comments.

Arthur Morris
08-19-2019, 07:13 AM
Lovely on all counts as noted above. Did you blur the background at all or is it all natural?

with love, a

Krishna Prasad kotti
08-19-2019, 07:24 AM
Lovely on all counts as noted above. Did you blur the background at all or is it all natural?

with love, a

Background is natural, Applied NR to it

Arthur Morris
08-19-2019, 08:52 AM
Thanks, Krishna. That is what I thought.

with love, artie