PDA

View Full Version : Fern

Krishna Prasad kotti
08-14-2019, 06:50 AM
I made this image in Red Butte Garden UT. I place white background behind the leave and photographed them in Shade.

White balance was adjusted based on the white background.

Camera Settings:-
===============
Nikon D500, Sigma 150 f/2.8 Macro
1/250 sec; f/13; ISO 1600
Manual; Matrix metering

Post Processing:-
===============
Raw Processing using C1P
2x3 Crop
Nik 25-25 Filter on Leaves at reduced opacity
Neat Image NR
Tonal Adjustments in Viveza
Sharpening for Presentation
Burn and Dodge selectively
No Cloning

This is the best version of the image I could come up with. Let me know if I am missing something/your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
Krishna

Jonathan Ashton
08-14-2019, 03:26 PM
Hi Krishna, I wondered why the fronds were so flat - now I know! I guess you did not to include the tip of the highest frond for a reason, I can't decide if I "need" to see it or not.
Looking at the leaves I felt a little more detail could be had. if you make two duplicate curves adjustment layers, setting the first to Multiply, the second to Screen, then play with the Opacity of each layer, I suggest 60 and 40 for layer 1 and 2 to start with and then juggle opacity furthe if you like what you begin to see also if the curves are set to G as opposed to RGB you can also try adjusting the curves slightly.

Ravi Hirekatur
08-14-2019, 09:12 PM
I like this a lot. Like the diagonal composition. Agree with Jonathan on details. white background works well.

Krishna Prasad kotti
08-15-2019, 11:03 PM
Thank you for the comments.

Here is a repost. I think I like this one more.

John Mack
08-18-2019, 10:38 AM
The diaganol framing works very well as does the high key treatment.

Ravi Hirekatur
08-18-2019, 09:18 PM
I like the repost better. Looks like a little more green and details in the repost.

Jonathan Ashton
08-19-2019, 05:15 AM
I prefer the repost also.