PDA

View Full Version : Peregrine and dove

arash_hazeghi
08-13-2019, 12:22 AM
Some may find this image a bit disturbing but it is a part of natural history and what these birds do. The male caught the dove and de-feathered it after consuming the heart it left the carcass for the juveniles who took chucks until nothing was left but the feathers. As you can see the male was banded, unfortunately it's not possible to clone out the bands in a clean way, but at least only one foot was visible

Hope you like it

D5 and 500PFf/5.6 1/2000 sec at ISO 3200 hand held processed with C1P

Colin Driscoll
08-13-2019, 04:17 AM
That's pretty discreet, I've seen bloodier, as you would have too. You do get the best light down there.
I like the bits of fluff in the air indicating action.

Bill Dix
08-13-2019, 08:17 AM
Caught in the act. Love the head turn and the mouthful.

dankearl
08-13-2019, 09:37 AM
Excellent action, love the beak full, if you care, the band would be pretty easy to clone here I think.

arash_hazeghi
08-13-2019, 10:41 AM
Excellent action, love the beak full, if you care, the band would be pretty easy to clone here I think.

Hi Dan thanks unfortunately it cannot be because there is no source to grab the missing texture

John Mack
08-13-2019, 11:32 AM
Love all the feathers. Details look very nice as well. Great background.

Daniel Cadieux
08-13-2019, 08:01 PM
Oh yes, that is what it is all about!! I love it. My favorite part (apart from everything else) is the dove's feet showing.

gail bisson
08-14-2019, 05:39 AM
I love this!
The feathers and dove's feet sticking out really make this image a good "different"!
I am fine with the bands (although I understand the wish for no bands) -it is a fact of life these days.
Really nice Arash!
Gail

Dorian Anderson
08-14-2019, 10:43 AM
Excellent frame! really shows the carnage well. Lovely detail across the bird but particularly on the primaries. Great look at the legs and talons. Leave the band; it is what it is. Cloning it out is disingenuous in my book, and you have so many good shots without bands you don't need to do it to save this one shot.

Alex Becker
08-14-2019, 03:02 PM
Sweet shot Arash. Love the pose and prey item. You got a ton of DOF at f/5.6. Lots to take in on this image. I don't mind the bands -- as mentioned it's just a fact of life with a lot of these birds. Good details, TFS

Andreas Liedmann
08-15-2019, 02:17 PM
Hi Arash .... great you posted this with the disturbing elements :w3.
Tells a story and the technical aspect in terms of IQ is simply stunning .Brilliantly edited !!!!!
Killer tone / color and super fine detailed rendered .

Me as a editing nerd is very impressed :cheers:

TFS Andreas