PDA

View Full Version : Wheatear Fledgling

gail bisson
08-12-2019, 12:47 PM
Iceland June 2019
Canon 5 D MK IV 600mm v3 and 1.4 x v 3 tele
ISO 1600 F 8 SS 1/2000 HH
SS was high because parents were coming in to feed and I was anticipating the action. (They did come to feed chicks but I did not get great HA's).
Crop to ~ 75% FF. Nothing added or cloned
Comments and critiques always appreciated and learned from with thanks,
Gail

dankearl
08-12-2019, 01:54 PM
I like the vegetation and pose, BG is very nice, the light looks pretty flat (Iceland...)
so it is tough to make the image have your usual pop I think.

annmpacheco
08-12-2019, 04:30 PM
Hello Gail, I looked at this earlier and then came back to it and my . suggestion is a few points of black. The young one looks flat against that beautifully flat BG... I'm looking for a little pop. There is a smidge of something vertical on top of the head...

gail bisson
08-12-2019, 04:52 PM
That smidge of something vertical is a wispy down feather! Easy to clone out.
Added a couple of points of blacks to the neutrals on the JPEG. The TIFF is on my external hard drive at home! Would look better I am sure if I had the RAW or TIFF but this will do in a pinch!

David Salem
08-12-2019, 11:53 PM
This is just about a perfect shot of this species. Details, exposure, pose, perch and BG all look great. The added few points of black helps out the image and I wouldn't be afraid to add some more saturation too. Well done on this one Gail.

arash_hazeghi
08-13-2019, 12:32 AM
sharp with a good HA, the whites on the ground are a hot and a bit contrasty, I can't make it what it is (sand, pebbles, salty rock, snow?) , maybe a bit of highlight recovery would help.

TFS

John Mack
08-13-2019, 11:48 AM
Everything looks spot on here. Like the look back pose and that sweet background.