PDA

View Full Version : Is there NO privacy???

Steve Kaluski
08-12-2019, 05:24 AM
A Polar bear disturbed by the shutter noise as he cleans/drys himself in the snow, apologies in not coverage his modesty, but thought it was a fun image for once. :w3

That's me off folks now, I'm now heading to another remote part of the world, so apologies in not responding if anyone is kind enough to leave a comment, back in the early part of September - hopefully.

In the meantime, please can I ask guys, that you give as much support to Gabriela as possible whilst I'm away, thank you. :S3:

Thanks to those who posted or viewed on the last posting.

Steve

Subject: Polar Bear (Ursus maritimus) drying himself in the snow
Camera: Canon 1DX
Lens: 500f/4MKII HH
Exposure: 1/2500s at f/8 ISO1000
Original format: Landscape, slight crop from the top
Processed via: LRCC Classic & PSCC2019

Andreas Liedmann
08-12-2019, 10:40 AM
.... no privacy if humans arrive :w3:eek3:.
Good luck on your trip and have fun . Hope you leave some privacy for your subjects ...LOL.

A nice pose of the bear .... well balanced in terms of comp / crop / tone and color . Only thing is for me the top of the frame is a bit too dark for my taste , might lighten that area . IQ and processing is good as always with some very nice fine detail showing up .

Cheers and TFS Andreas

haseeb badar
08-13-2019, 03:28 AM
Hi Steve -- Well , wishing you all the best and have a safe trip.

Liked this image, indeed a fun image. Very nice details and IQ as always and framing works for me as presented. Your PP work is indeed immaculate. Also very well done on the exposure part . Nice one.

TFS !

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-13-2019, 03:43 AM
Ha Ha, this image and the title made me smile! Nice colours, details and that supine pose of the polar bear is something I have not seen! Well done Steve!

Gabriela Plesea
08-13-2019, 12:22 PM
Dear Steve,

I too had a big smile on my face when opening this thumbnail, which immediately made me think about Shangy the Ridgeback...by the way he sleeps in the same position :S3:

Awesome pose and expression from the subject, having a bit of eye contact such a bonus here. Colours and tonality just great and I quite like that bit of detail in the snow. Perfect framing.
Lovely detail as expected, superb PP work. Don't think anyone will mind the exposed 'modesty', this is a fun image which portrays the species in such unusual way, love to see something different:cheers:

Many thanks for sharing, and I hope you have an awesome holiday and bring back more stunners, you'll be missed around here:tinysmile_shy_t:

Warmest regards,

Jonathan Ashton
08-14-2019, 05:29 AM
Excellent Steve, as ususal you check all aspects of colour exposure composition detail etc. Pretty much flawless I'd say well done.

Alex Becker
08-14-2019, 03:51 PM
Cool and fun pose. Great detail, color, and exposure. Nice textures in the snow too. TFS

Stuart Philpott
08-15-2019, 03:52 PM
I'm probably too late Steve but maybe you got my mail so know already that I think this is all but flawless,but more than that is the simple fact he makes me giggle

Have a fantastic trip
take care

stu