PDA

View Full Version : Leap of Faith!

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-07-2019, 12:15 PM
I have not posted a WB image in a very long time, so here is one from my Masai Mara trip last month. We were waiting for the WB to cross the river which never happened in the 3 days we were there. They would go to and fro to the rivers edge but come back in large herds. Something spooked a group of them and they began running. Light was sweet and they leapt over a small crater in front of us allowing me some nice shots. Hope you like it.
1DX II
500 II
1/1600
f/6.3
ISO 1600

Steve Kaluski
08-09-2019, 03:25 AM
Hi Sanjeev, well seen and capture, love the quirky aspect here. To me it has the look of an artic fox pouncing, where the head is about to punch the ground, if you know what I mean? So I think it needs a rotation, how much not sure, probably what the eye tells you rather than using any ruler, WDYT?

Steve

haseeb badar
08-09-2019, 04:20 AM
Hi Doc -- Nicely timed and nice warm light. Not a fan of the that forest track intersecting the subject but nothing you could have done abt it. Nice techs and framing works as presented but Steve's subtle change makes a big difference here.

TFS !

Marc Mol
08-09-2019, 11:26 AM
Great timing and techs here Sanjeev, and agree with both Steve's & Haseeb's observations, but the fact you have the eye clearly visible takes this up a notch from the norm!

TFS

Jonathan Ashton
08-09-2019, 12:10 PM
Great moment caught, I like as presented but agree Steve's repost does improve some.

Hey is it me or has everyone started posting small sized images, today I started at the most recent image and worked backwards - I get the impression images are getting smaller.

Gabriela Plesea
08-09-2019, 02:53 PM
Hello Sanjeev,
Love your airborne WB :bg3: I think it's awesome, great timing and good techs too, subject nice and sharp and yes, having the eye visible is a big bonus - congratulations :cheers:

Colours look good and Steve's straightening/rotation makes perfect sense. But having observed the species for some years... I must say they behave in such weird ways... I wouldn't be surprised if this chap landed on his face, LOL

Your patience really paid off Sanjeev, what a fun behavioural image! Truly enjoyed viewing, thank you so much for sharing:S3:

Kind regards,