PDA

View Full Version : Tufted Titmouse

Paul Merritt
07-01-2008, 11:26 AM
These guys never stay still for very long. This is my first capture of one that I have been happy with. This one had not been out of the nest for very long.

Canon 40D Av Mode ISO 100 f/5.6 w/400mm 1/500 sec spot metering
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h33/Airedale1/TTM3-1.jpg

carole wiley
07-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Nice capture, looks a bit hot on the beak and the light looks a bit harsh. It is a nice pose and the catch light in the eye is nice. Could maybe use a bit more room for the tail but that isn't a biggie.

Roman Kurywczak
07-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi Paul,
The light looks like it's almost coming through a canopy as a spot. A bit of fill would have gratly opened up the shadows and made this pop a bit more. I looked at your signature and got a good chuckle.........because the bird is almost dead on in the ROT..........and had you given a bit more room to the tail....it would have taken it off!

Axel Hildebrandt
07-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Nice eye contact, raised crest and BG. I wish for a lower angle and agree on fill flash and more room at the bottom. Keep them coming!

Doug Brown
07-02-2008, 05:15 PM
These can be tough birds to photograph as you said. You got a nice pose here! Agree with above comments. Thanks for posting!

Arthur Morris
07-02-2008, 08:15 PM
As above, plus, the broken part of the branch is way distracting, and the perch is too large for the bird.

Was this created at a feeder set-up?

Paul Merritt
07-02-2008, 08:43 PM
As above, plus, the broken part of the branch is way distracting, and the perch is too large for the bird. Was this created at a feeder set-up?

Thanks all. Critiques are much appreciated. No, it was not a feeder set-up.