PDA

View Full Version : WT Sea Eagle - 2

Steve Kaluski
08-05-2019, 02:15 PM
Another shot from our very small skiff in a Norway fjord, but this time in some better weather. This WT SE was hoping for a freebie, but sadly not this time so he/she banked and flew off. Sadly with the light lighting the subject as it banked, it also created a rather nasty shadow too.

Bill D, I hope this may address your last comment. :S3:

Thanks to those who posted or viewed on the last posting.

Steve

Subject: White Tailed Sea Eagle (Haliaeetus albicilla) Banking
Camera: Canon EOS 1DX MK2
Lens: 200-400f/4 HH
Exposure: 1/3200s at f/6.3 ISO800 (no NR)
Original format: Landscape, very slight crop on width,
Processed via: LRCC Classic & PSCC2019

Note: The subject is fully wild and completely unconstrained. Besides the potential impact of my presence, nothing has been done to intentionally alter or affect the ongoing behavior of the subject and, of course, there has been no use of any form of bait or other form of wildlife attractants (including vocalisations) in the capture of this image.

Bill Dix
08-05-2019, 03:13 PM
A stunning flight capture, with good detail and color. That nice Norwegian sunshine makes all the difference. The clouds make for a beautiful background. The shadow doesn't bother me in the least.

John Mack
08-05-2019, 04:08 PM
The pose and light are nice. Like the detail on the bird as well. The clouds are great and give some nice depth. Neat the bird is banded.

arash_hazeghi
08-06-2019, 12:01 AM
very nice exposure and details Steve, I only wish the head was turned towards us a bit, shadow isn't an issue for me

TFS

dankearl
08-06-2019, 01:40 PM
The IQ is very nice on the one. Just needs a head turn.

Steve Kaluski
08-07-2019, 05:53 AM
Thanks folks. :S3:

Andreas Liedmann
08-07-2019, 09:33 AM
Hi Steve all working well here for me .... lovely light and the blue sky with some clouds are adding well to the scene .

Only thing is ... needs to go into portrait for me , regardless of the shooting situation :w3..... anticipation is the key ( i heard someone telling me in the past ...LOL.... not always easy )

A pleasure to view .

TFS Andreas

William Dickson
08-07-2019, 03:15 PM
Exposure spot on...Great detail for an underwing shot. the clouds in the BG make so much difference. A better HA would have taken it over the top.

Will