PDA

View Full Version : Peregrine in flight...

Kambiz Shoarinejad
08-02-2019, 01:57 AM
I asked her to turn her head just a bit so the catchlight gets centered :bg3:

Nikon D5, 600mm f/4E + TC-14e III 1.4x, f/5.6, 850mm, f/5.6, 1/4000", ISO 1250, on monopod, processed in C1Pro+PS CC

John Mack
08-02-2019, 02:44 PM
Like the pose and the catchlight is nice. I could see the crop loosened up some along the bottom and right.

Tim Foltz
08-02-2019, 06:55 PM
Kambiz, nice head turn and angle, but it looks to be a bit on the "blue" side you might want to warm it up a tad.

-Tim

arash_hazeghi
08-02-2019, 08:41 PM
Hi Kambiz, the image is too small on my screen I'd post larger but it looks sharp and well exposed. I wish the head and far wing had not merged and that the falcon was lower in the sky so we could see the top side against some color. looks like the light was good

TFS

Kambiz Shoarinejad
08-03-2019, 06:14 PM
Like the pose and the catchlight is nice. I could see the crop loosened up some along the bottom and right.

Thanks John... I loosened up the crop a bit in my revised version below.

Kambiz, nice head turn and angle, but it looks to be a bit on the "blue" side you might want to warm it up a tad.

-Tim

Thanks Tim... I didn't see it as being on the blue side first, but I did adjust the WB again, and I feel you were right, as the revised version below looks better on my calibrated NEC PA272W display.
BTW, long time no see... Do you still stop by Bolsa Chica often? Hope to meet you again soon...

Hi Kambiz, the image is too small on my screen I'd post larger but it looks sharp and well exposed. I wish the head and far wing had not merged and that the falcon was lower in the sky so we could see the top side against some color. looks like the light was good

TFS

Thanks Arash... I posted a larger revised version below. Hope it looks better on your display. Agreed on the head and the wing merging, and for her to be a bit too high in the sky. It is unfortunate that these guys don't always cooperate with us photographers :) As for the light, yes, surprisingly sunny morning unlike most days when we still had June gloom in late July!