PDA

View Full Version : Theme Great Egret snack time

Dorian Anderson
07-31-2019, 07:25 PM
Minus my 16 days in Colombia, I haven't touched my camera since May. I finally got out for a bit yesterday, but there wasn't much activity. This guy proved the only available subject,
so I was happy to get something as he devoured this snack. Nothing really groundbreaking, just a fun shot of of a very common bird. Good for the theme though, so there's that!

Canon 400mm f/4 IS DO II + 1.4x III on EOS 1DX2
1/3200 at f/8, ISO 800
Processed in LR CC. Bit of selective highly adjustment on the lower neck. Otherwise removed secondary sun reflection in pupil.

I was quite close, but I was surprised I didn't get a bit more DOF across his head/neck given I closed down to f/8.

arash_hazeghi
08-01-2019, 12:46 AM
the fish takes this one to the top. I like the details in the whites there is a hint of blue hues in the whites (normal for this kind of shot since it is reflection from the ocean) which you can warm up a bit if you like

TFS

Aditya Sridhar
08-01-2019, 10:10 AM
This is gorgeous Dorian! Other than the slight color cast that Arash has already mentioned, I have absolutely no nits to pick. The fish, the detail and the BG are all perfect! Great shot!

gail bisson
08-01-2019, 12:06 PM
Good solid image of this heron.
Whites are well exposed and I too see a bit of a blue cast-easy fix.
Only thing that could make this better would have been in the fish had been swallowed tail first so we could see the fishes eye!
Gail

Moe Richard
08-01-2019, 02:57 PM
Excellent color, detail and light. Depth of field doesn't bother me. I think the blue cast is okay. I might want to look at this without the water drops because I'm not sure they add to the image because there are so few of them.

Dorian Anderson
08-01-2019, 03:54 PM
Excellent color, detail and light. Depth of field doesn't bother me. I think the blue cast is okay. I might want to look at this without the water drops because I'm not sure they add to the image because there are so few of them.

I had the same thought for a moment - good to know they could go.

John Mack
08-01-2019, 04:16 PM
Fits the theme well. Like the moment here and of course that fish. Blue background is nice.

Mike Poole
08-03-2019, 09:14 AM
Nailed this one Dorian, sharp where it matters, nice action, well controlled whites

Mike