PDA

View Full Version : Common Tern Chick

John Mack
07-26-2019, 03:22 PM
This image was created at Nickerson Beach Park on 6/30/19 at 7:17AM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Small crop.

Canon 5D MarkIV
Sigma 150-600 Contemporary
600mm
ISO 800
f6.3
1/3200sec

Aditya Sridhar
07-26-2019, 04:16 PM
Oh that chick is simply adorable! I'm a sucker for young birds so I find it hard to critique such images :t3 I love the soft morning light. Great view of the feet. Really nice detail overall.

I'd clone out the tiny vegetation on the RHS, the thin blade beside the bird and the distracting stray bits of orange on the sand. Nothing much to complain about apart from that. Awesome shot!

Dorian Anderson
07-26-2019, 06:39 PM
Super cute! Exposure look spot-on, and the details look good. This is an obviously natural rendering, and I - personally - would refrain from cloning anything out. You're not in a situation where only one small distraction
need be cleaned up to have a perfectly clean frame, and I think you'll undo the perfectly natural feel if you start taking this, that, and other things out. It's not conceived as a clean frame, so leave it as is. It's nice!

Jonathan Ashton
07-27-2019, 05:27 AM
Great shot John I like the chick and the surroundings. Normally I would agree with Dorian regarding maintaining the natural look and not removing things. I disagree in this instance, the two green grasses to the right of the chick can be removed seamlessly, and the image does look stronger.