PDA

View Full Version : Female Black necked Stilt

Krishna Prasad kotti
07-24-2019, 10:22 PM
I made this image in Bear River Migratory Refuge last weekend.

Camera Settings:-
===============
Nikon D500 600 f/4
1/800 sec; f/4.0; ISO 1250
Manual; Matrix metering

Post Processing:-
===============
Raw Processing using C1P, Adjusted White Balance to Neutralize whites on the bird (Bird in Shade).
No Cropping
Nik 25-25 Filter on Bird at reduced opacity
Neat Image NR
Sharpening for Presentation
Dodge selectively
Cloned some spots on the water mush.

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
Krishna

Dorian Anderson
07-24-2019, 10:31 PM
What a unique background! The colors are really pretty. Do you know what caused the interesting bumpy texture on the water. Exposure and detail on the bird look great. I might turn down the luminosity on the background to make
the colors appear a bit richer. Just an idea as someone gave me a similar suggestion last week and it really made the image better when I tried it.

Krishna Prasad kotti
07-24-2019, 10:33 PM
What a unique background! The colors are really pretty. Do you know what caused the interesting bumpy texture on the water. Exposure and detail on the bird look great. I might turn down the luminosity on the background to make
the colors appear a bit richer. Just an idea as someone gave me a similar suggestion last week and it really made the image better when I tried it.

Background are light reflections from green and red colors plants.. I toned down the background colors a lot..

I do not know what caused the bumpy Textures in the water colors.

gail bisson
07-25-2019, 12:06 PM
I love the colors and the stilts' walking pose but I am not crazy about the "bumpy texture".
Personal taste thing.
You captured the red eye perfectly.
I would try Dorian's idea ( which I think is brilliant and I will keep that idea tucked away in my brain for use in the future).
Gail

John Mack
07-25-2019, 07:31 PM
Nice view of this sharp bird. But my eye went right to that unique looking water. Love the color there.

arash_hazeghi
07-26-2019, 12:26 AM
a classic shot Krishna, in a perfect world the water surface would be glassy but you had no control over that

Bill Dix
07-26-2019, 08:57 AM
Wonderful walking pose, and nice comp. To me the water texture adds some interest, albeit with some distraction. Dorian's suggestion is worth a try.