PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Kingbird Parent Watching The Triplets.

Daniel Cadieux
07-22-2019, 04:52 AM
Same nest and same intimate close-up point of view, but I like the peacefulness of this one. The three nestlings, although awake, are at rest, and one of the parents taking a peek to make sure everything is all right. I missed the fledging of the chicks as when I returned two days later they were all perched deep inside another tree - too deep to for redeeming bird photography, but it was nice to see all three successfully out and about.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/400s., f/13, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, full-frame. A few whites specks here and there removed, lifted the shadows on the adult.

Colin Driscoll
07-22-2019, 05:01 AM
What a sweet scene. Technically spot on. Wonderful how the big lenses get right close and personal

gail bisson
07-22-2019, 06:42 AM
Pretty intense intimate view.
Love that you were at F13. Great DOF.
Gail

Steve Kaluski
07-22-2019, 07:47 AM
Hi Dan, looks like this could be quite time consuming. :w3

Personally, when I put the two images up side by side on the monitors, I do prefer the previous one, simply because of the interaction, albeit the parent here is better framed. Not a lot you can do, but the green triangle just catches my eye a fraction, however getting a bit more depth of colour and tonal range back into those pine needles really adds in my opinion, they are just a bit too washed out and theres just a hint of a halo on the parent. Adding the old dark room room trick just adds more focus I think too, but probably not fashionable these days :bg3:
Really enjoying this story unfolding Dan. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Bill Dix
07-22-2019, 08:53 AM
This is indeed an intimate view. Amazing full-frame shot. Good choice of aperture. Too bad you missed the fledging. It happens awfully fast.

annmpacheco
07-22-2019, 01:36 PM
Shhhh, don't wake the chicks! Just wonderful Dan, a real "peak" at the parent watching ever so closely. Excellent dof

William Dickson
07-22-2019, 01:52 PM
Another beautiful image showing the intimacy of these birds. Lovely detail as usual and a nice pleasing to the eye frame.

Will

Krishna Prasad kotti
07-22-2019, 02:30 PM
Beautiful image. Everything looks spot on

John Mack
07-22-2019, 05:15 PM
Like the way the adult is tucked in those branches. Nice view of all the fledging as well.

dankearl
07-24-2019, 08:02 PM
Maybe the most attractive nest photo I have ever seen...