PDA

View Full Version : Theme: great blue heron-gotcha

Bob Smith
07-21-2019, 07:24 PM
I stood above this mature great blue heron for a long time with camera on tripod focused on it's face waiting for the moment of strike. It was a bit quicker than me so my burst didn't catch the entry but I got this retrieval of the catch.[FONT=&quot]Canon 1DxII, EF 100-400 f4.5-5.6 IS + 1.4x III, ISO 2500, f/9, 1/1000182354<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><object type="application/x-KPMPlugin" id="kpm_plugin"></object><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Jonathan Ashton
07-22-2019, 05:32 AM
Nicely exposed good timimg. The rock obscuring the legs is an unfortunate inclusion. The rock behind the tail doesn't add but I am afraid the former rock(s) do the capture no favour.

Daniel Cadieux
07-22-2019, 05:54 AM
Nicely timed with the heron plucking the fish out of the water. Good details. Those foreground rocks really are unfortunate though.

gail bisson
07-22-2019, 06:50 AM
Have to agree that the rock in the FG is an image killer for me.
Gail

John Mack
07-22-2019, 05:12 PM
Agree about the rocks. Nice too see the fish being pulled out of the water.