PDA

View Full Version : Theme Great Egret With Breakfast...

Joseph Przybyla
07-21-2019, 01:12 PM
I captured this image at Gatorland in Orlando, Florida when walking through the park to leave. Image captured last February. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, image captured at 230mm
1/3200 F/8 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 720 Auto 1 WB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reduction
Cropped for composition and presentatioin

John Mack
07-21-2019, 02:52 PM
Nice catch this egret has. Like the view of that eye on the fish. The vertical framing is nice as well. Like the blue water.

Moe Richard
07-21-2019, 06:44 PM
Excellent interaction and well composed.

gail bisson
07-22-2019, 07:06 AM
It never ceases to amaze me that these guys can eat such large creatures.
I like your crop.
Nice to see both eyes!Good DOF.
I might desaturate the blue in the water a bit.
What is the green coloration on the very edge of lower neck feathers? Probably reflection from grasses below but I would fix that in PP.
I am not crazy about the green/red color of the water at the top of the frame. But it is what it is and certainly not terrible!
Gail

Joseph Przybyla
07-22-2019, 08:03 AM
It never ceases to amaze me that these guys can eat such large creatures.
I like your crop.
Nice to see both eyes!Good DOF.
I might desaturate the blue in the water a bit.
What is the green coloration on the very edge of lower neck feathers? Probably reflection from grasses below but I would fix that in PP.
I am not crazy about the green/red color of the water at the top of the frame. But it is what it is and certainly not terrible!
Gail

Hi Gail, thank you for viewing and commenting. The green on the lower neck feathers is from reflected green light from a grassy slope the bird had brought the fish onto. I left it natural as I did the reflection on the top. I did work up a version removing the reflection at the top but I thought it looked to sanitized, too cleaned up... so I posted the original.

gail bisson
07-22-2019, 09:27 AM
Yes, I agree the repost does look sanitized so I agree with your decision to keep the colors at the top.

annmpacheco
07-22-2019, 01:40 PM
Big one Joe, I like the original, and yes for desaturating the blue. Nice that the fish is as detailed as the egret! Fish breakfast, yummm!