PDA

View Full Version : Forster's Tern

Tim Foltz
07-19-2019, 06:57 PM
Canon 1DX • 840mm • 1/2500 • f/8 • ISO 640 • handheld • manual

Sad 2019 at the wetlands, the tern populations are at an all time low bordering on nonexistent.
The nesting that usual goes on for the Forster's and Elegant's started off ok but seemingly overnight vanished, theory is predation so they went elsewhere.
Here is one shot from earlier on in the season.

Thanks for looking.

-Tim

John Mack
07-19-2019, 08:26 PM
Nice pose on the bird with it looking down. Like that green background. More room all around wouldn't hurt.

annmpacheco
07-19-2019, 08:44 PM
Very nice view of the head Tim, sharp, and i like the BG, makes the orange bill pop.

Paul Burdett
07-20-2019, 01:36 AM
Very nice Tim. Normally I'd like a pose seeing more of the wings, but in this case it works really well, as the emphasis is on the bird's face. The BG really contrasts nicely with the bird. TFS.

kevin Hice
07-20-2019, 01:04 PM
Tim really nice love the light on the head and leading edge of the wings. First thing I noticed and was drawn too was how the wings fill the frame. TFS

Bob Smith
07-21-2019, 07:30 PM
I like the crop you've chosen here Tim--the bird is small and narrow in profile so it works to fill the frame with it. BG's a dandy and nice work catching focus on this approaching angle..<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>