PDA

View Full Version : Common Tern

John Mack
07-18-2019, 04:47 PM
This image was created at Nickerson Beach Park on 6/30/19 at 6:46AM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Medium crop.

Canon 5D MarkIV
Sigma 150-600 Contemporary
600mm
ISO 800
f6.3
1/2500sec

Bob Smith
07-18-2019, 06:14 PM
Nice to get a straight on eye level look at one of these John. Both black & white has good exposure . How was the 5DIV/Sigma combination on picking up focus on this approaching shot? I have that combination and it can be slow at times.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Jonathan Ashton
07-19-2019, 12:07 PM
Looks good to me John, plumage nicely delineated and the colours look spot on, plane of focus couldnt' be much better.

Dorian Anderson
07-19-2019, 04:57 PM
Very nice view. Sharp, head-focused, and perfectly exposed. Image might have a slight pink cast, but I could be wrong on that. The flat wings make the composition a bit challenging, but he looks good
against the perfectly clear BG.

John Mack
07-19-2019, 08:50 PM
How was the 5DIV/Sigma combination on picking up focus on this approaching shot? I have that combination and it can be slow at times.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Thanks bob, yes it is slow and hunts. But i don't do much flight photography. This bird was just coasting with the wind. So pretty easy flight subject.