PDA

View Full Version : Tri-colored Heron

Joseph Przybyla
07-18-2019, 08:57 AM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Read more about Circle B Bar Reserve in the Birds As Art Middle Florida Photography Site Guide that Artie and I wrote, available on the Birds As Art Online Store. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, image captured at 400mm
1/2000 F/8 Matrix Metering EV +1/3 ISO 1000 Auto 1 WB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reduction
Cropped slightly and canvas added to the right side for composition and presentation

John Mack
07-18-2019, 04:55 PM
Like the downstroke pose and the setting. Take it the bird was perched on the dead tree when it took off.

Randy Stout
07-18-2019, 07:41 PM
Joe:

I love the downstroke wings, angle in frame, soft background with enough detail to be interesting.
I might consider a bit more sharpening on the bird, some areas seem just a bit soft.
Nice canvas extension.

Cheers

Randy

Joseph Przybyla
07-19-2019, 08:41 AM
Like the downstroke pose and the setting. Take it the bird was perched on the dead tree when it took off.

Hey John, thank you for viewing and commenting. The bird was perched on the dead branch, he was showing signs of wanting to fly so I was holding focus on the head and neck area. So fast though I only got off a couple frames as it leapt off the branch. Here is is before flying.

Joseph Przybyla
07-19-2019, 08:45 AM
Joe:

I love the downstroke wings, angle in frame, soft background with enough detail to be interesting.
I might consider a bit more sharpening on the bird, some areas seem just a bit soft.
Nice canvas extension.

Cheers

Randy

Hey Randy, thank you for viewing and commenting. I revisited the image and tweaked it a bit, added a curve for more contrast and used the Texture slider on the bird. I checked the focus, it was on the neck area but the depth of field was only 17 inches (about 43cm) so the tip of the near wing I think is just out of the depth of field. Here is a repost.