View Full Version : A Flight Pose Like No Other

William Dickson
07-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Canon 1DX
f/4 500mm with 1.4
f/5.6
1/2000
ISO 640

This is one I captured at the local Red Kite feeding station and never realised I had it, until I started to process my images. I know the IQ, is not up to my usual standard (because of a big crop), but hey, what an unusual flight pose. So, I thought I would share it.

Will

annmpacheco
07-17-2019, 07:54 PM
So thats how he rolls! Flippin fantastico Will, sooo glad you posted this, is this guy smokin that grass?

arash_hazeghi
07-18-2019, 12:26 AM
pose is great and wicked the IQ isn't great though unfortunately, looks like it was one of those soft flies that had to be sharpened quite a bit.

TFS

Steve Kaluski
07-18-2019, 01:24 AM
unfortunately, looks like it was one of those soft flies that had to be sharpened quite a bit.

Would have to agree Arash, but Will, why smooth out the BKG at ISO640, its just looks odd as it makes the subject 'stuck on' and in part, the masking is not ideal. I would leave the BKG as is unless there is a very good reason Will, as I think you did the same to the previous Red Kite, albeit a better pose. Don't complicate PP Will, keep it simple and the image will be better for it. :w3

TFS
Steve

gail bisson
07-18-2019, 05:25 AM
What a great pose! Agree with your self-critique but am glad to see this very cool pose.

Bill Dix
07-18-2019, 08:49 AM
Terrific contortionist kite pose. Thanks for sharing it.

Bob Smith
07-18-2019, 11:38 AM
For me, images like this are well worth sharing Will. Despite whatever technical flaws it may have it is an informative and interesting shot---lovely BG, bright colours, an unusual pose demonstrating this bird's amazing flight abilities, and the opportunity to learn from informative comments.

<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

John Mack
07-18-2019, 05:04 PM
The pose is awesome. Agree with what the others have said here. But still a neat frame.

Tim Foltz
07-19-2019, 06:44 PM
Will, so that's what a discombobulated kite looks like… It's a keeper even if not up to your standards.

-Tim