Canon 1dx mark II
Canon 300 f.2,8 is
f.2,8
1/5000 (..wind ..)
iso 640

Gabriela Plesea
07-17-2019, 01:42 PM
Hello Gio,

Very cute pose from this little one, love the inquisitive look! Are you sure he is sitting on a flower and not on some prey brought by mom? Looks like a bunch of feathers to me:S3:

Composition is ok, although I would prefer the subject not to be in the middle of the frame. The slight head tilt to the side helps though. If you have it, a tad more at the bottom would be good too, for better balance.

Looking at your techs I think 1/5000s wasn't quite necessary - it hasn't hurt the image though, so no issue there:w3 The wind might indeed have been a bit of a problem, moving those grasses over the subject's face and thus making it difficult to focus.

Lastly, I must say I am not familiar with the conditions and environment there so it's hard to comment on colour - love the presence of those purples and yellows, but maybe you could go back on saturation a bit?

Love the expression from the little one as well as the environment. I hope to see more from this sighting, truly special.

Kind regards,

Daniel Cadieux
07-17-2019, 06:35 PM
How cute! I love the marble eyes and "puppy" stare. If you have a bit more room below and left that would be great, but still OK as is too. I'm surprised the BG is not more blurred than that at f/2.8. Works well.

Stuart Philpott
07-19-2019, 10:18 AM
what an amazing sighting to be part of Gio the stare is wonderful

stu

John Mack
07-19-2019, 09:22 PM
Very cute. I will say those background colors are great. Nice and sharp as well.

Steve Kaluski
07-20-2019, 04:43 AM
This is better Gio, but agree with Dan on the image needing more below. Again, I still feel the techs are off, ie shooting wide open and certainly may be having a slight movement in the grasses may have added. I also agree with Gabriela that overall it is a little too saturated.

TFS
Steve

Andrew McLachlan
07-22-2019, 02:25 PM
Love the stare! Goo d suggestions already mentioned for taking it up a notch.

haseeb badar
07-24-2019, 01:46 AM
Hi Gio -- I loved this one. The colours are beautiful and that look on the subjects face is priceless . Agree for more space at the foot. But very nicely done.

Loved it.

TFS !

Jonathan Ashton
07-27-2019, 12:19 PM
Very nice indeed, perhaps just a little to much contrast but this is a lovely image I like the composition very much.