PDA

View Full Version : Glossy Ibis

Krishna Prasad kotti
07-16-2019, 10:42 AM
I made this image in Ocean City, New Jersey.

Camera Settings:-
===============
Nikon D500 300 f/4
1/3200 sec; f/4.0; ISO 2000
Manual; Matrix metering

Post Processing:-
===============
Raw Processing using C1P
Cropping For Composition
Nik 30-30 Filter on Bird at reduced opacity
Neat Image NR
Sharpening for Presentation
Dodge selectively
No Cloning.

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
Krishna

Jonathan Ashton
07-16-2019, 10:53 AM
Very nice indeed Krishna, I lke the processing of the ibis. The green background could possibly be toned down just a little and possibly take a little off the LHS to reduce the relatively large empty space - WDYT?

David Roach
07-16-2019, 11:40 AM
Love this canvas and don't mind that green BG at all. This beauty really pops and the anchoring vegetation works as well. For some reason I like the composition as is. TFS

John Mack
07-16-2019, 03:42 PM
I could see this cropped some from the left. Like the pose on the ibis. Yes to toning down the green a little. Nice and sharp.

William Dickson
07-16-2019, 05:42 PM
Another vote for taking some from the LHS but what a lovely looking frame. I like the flight pose and colours on the bird. The bush/tree adds and the BG colours 'fit' the image well.

Will

Krishna Prasad kotti
07-16-2019, 06:02 PM
Thank you for all the comments.

Below are some info on the decisions made during processing the image:-

It was early morning light. I did tone down the greens a lot. In multiple iterations by reducing the Yellows...

To me it looks ok not too over powering. I would like to hear others opinions on the Greens. As I want get better at eliminating colors cast etc.

I agree that the composition is right heavy. I cropped this image from lower left to get to this level..

I wanted to keep the aspect ratio as it is and did not want to crop further due to fear of image degradation.

Dorian Anderson
07-16-2019, 06:13 PM
Great looking frame Krishna. My family used to vacation in Ocean City when I was a kid living in Philly, so I am well versed with Corson's Inlet State Park and the surrounding marshes. I agree you could lose some of the left hand side as it
is mostly empty space at now. I also think you could globally reduce the exposure a tad; doing so would mute the green as suggested and - more importantly - add a bit more pop to the beautiful chestnut bird.

annmpacheco
07-16-2019, 09:28 PM
Krishna, good advice with half stop down to balance the colors, then it would fly off the page!

David Salem
07-17-2019, 02:18 PM
Great capture with a nice BG. Well done

Krishna Prasad kotti
07-19-2019, 12:58 AM
Repost
====================

Taken some off on the left
Reduced Exposure of the background by 1/3 stop