PDA

View Full Version : I'll Guide You Home

Judd Patterson
06-30-2008, 10:29 PM
http://www.juddpatterson.com/BPN/heceta1.jpg

This image has a special meaning to me...my great-great-grandfather journeyed from Kansas to Oregon to help build this light house - Heceta Head - before returning to Kansas to raise his family. This was my first ever view of the light on a foggy evening...sure would love to get back to the west coast.

Canon 5D, 175mm
~2 min, f/2.8, ISO 400

Kaushik Balakumar
07-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Absolutely beautiful. Very creative image. Love the way u've captured the panning rays of the light house. Any multiple exposures here ?
TFS.

Robert Amoruso
07-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Judd,

Wonderful image and nice story.

Wondering if having included more to the left and moved the lighthouse right some would give it more "searching the ocean" feel to it. Like the sailors watching the horizon for their light home. Did you do other compositions?

In any event, great image. I like the overall blue cast of night and the power of the beam.

Roman Kurywczak
07-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Hi Judd,
I know this light well. This is one difficult light to shoot. This view fromthe road is OK from the road during the day............but this is something much more powerful. I have seen hundreds of shots of this light and this is probably my favorite! Agree withRobert that a bit more room left may help............but the story and sense of place this conveys is outstanding.

Harold Davis
07-01-2008, 02:53 PM
the story is as great as the photo!!! thanks for sharing, judd.

Julie Kenward
07-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Beautiful image, Judd. I agree with the others on the compositional aspects. Still, you've created a deep and dramatic image!

Maxis Gamez
07-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Very creative Judd. Another winner!!

Sid Garige
07-02-2008, 11:07 PM
A master piece Judd.

Noel Carboni
07-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Magical light in this image!

The colors being as strong as they are push the image a bit into fine art territory, but there's nothing wrong with that!!!

-Noel