PDA

View Full Version : Peregrine top side

arash_hazeghi
07-14-2019, 02:42 PM
Here is another frame of the male peregrine falcon from SoCal. During my visit light was very low and the birds weren't very active with little to no flight opportunities, slow and boring. here is one of the frames I did manage to get. My own wish is that his tail was fanned but he just didn't do it

shot with D5 and 600 f/4 E FL. ISO 2000 f/4 at 1/3200 sec hand held and processed with C1P Hope you like it. This kind of BG is usually a nightmare for the AF system, but the D5 locked perfectly and held on.

Bob Smith
07-14-2019, 04:04 PM
Your images continue to inspire Arash. The feather detail and colour rendering is so fine that I feel like I'm holding the bird in my hand. The gradations of colour running through the BG make a lovely setting for this bird.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

annmpacheco
07-15-2019, 08:23 AM
Its the head turn that makes this so wonderful along with the BG, the sharpness and details, very nice!

William Dickson
07-15-2019, 03:08 PM
Everything is just how it should be...Great flight pose, HA, detail and BG. Beautiful image.

Will

dankearl
07-15-2019, 03:59 PM
I don't know how many frames you shoot to get these great head turns, but you have a lot of them...
Very nice.

John Mack
07-15-2019, 04:03 PM
Nice dorsal view with a perfect head turn. Background is pretty nice as well. What was the background rocks?

Tim Foltz
07-15-2019, 06:38 PM
Arash you did we'll for the conditions, how was the crowd 70+? Nice details on the bird, some color banding on the BG but not bad.

-Tim

arash_hazeghi
07-15-2019, 07:02 PM
Arash you did we'll for the conditions, how was the crowd 70+? Nice details on the bird, some color banding on the BG but not bad.

-Tim

it was tough Tim, people constantly block your view making it impossible to track with the bird. especially folks shooting off tripod....

BTW I don't see any banding in the BG on my NEC.

arash_hazeghi
07-15-2019, 07:03 PM
Nice dorsal view with a perfect head turn. Background is pretty nice as well. What was the background rocks?

yes John BG is the cliffs by the ocean

gail bisson
07-15-2019, 07:59 PM
The first thing I noticed was the non-fanned tail and I really like seeing the tail this way. Makes the falcon look so streamlined and compact.
Perfect HA and I love the BG. I do not see any banding on my iMac.
A really nice frame.
I have been thinking that next year I might come out to shoot these guys but the thoughts of fighting for space with 70+ people really turns me off. I liek my space !!

David Salem
07-17-2019, 02:08 PM
Looks great Arash!! Love the head turn. I have the exact same frame. Glad you came down but the weather and action weren't up to par. Two babies doesn't help. Not much happened over the last week or two and only a few days with any light at all. See ya soon