PDA

View Full Version : THEME: puffin incoming and braking...

annmpacheco
07-14-2019, 01:36 PM
Here's another flight shot from Iceland last week. I'll take a break from the puffins after this post and move on to the many other species that are generally anywhere in Iceland.

D5
500mmPF

ISO 2000
1/2500

arash_hazeghi
07-14-2019, 02:36 PM
Classic shot, I like this much more than other one with flat wings. Cool BG with fish and looking down the barrel, doesn't get much better than that. The only issue here is that the bird was too close, as a result the head is tack sharp but the rest of the bird is OOF which becomes distracting a bit ... I am ok with wings a bit blurred but I wish the feet where just a bit sharper.

TFS

Bill Dix
07-14-2019, 03:12 PM
Great head-on shot, and a mouthful fit for a Theme. Nicely captured.

Bob Smith
07-14-2019, 04:15 PM
This fellow looks like he's considering landing on your shoulder Ann. I'm sure this would be a fine image if the focus extended to the back of the bird but I rather like the way the blurring of the feet combines with the blurred wings to create a frame of the face ----it really makes the image jump out at the viewer. Shots like this are convincing me to do some travel next summer.
<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Doug Brown
07-14-2019, 05:58 PM
No complaints here. Impressive mouthful of fish. Looks like the Nikon gear worked out pretty well for you!

Daniel Cadieux
07-14-2019, 06:40 PM
Beautiful incoming pose, tack sharp on the face. I love the glowing feet! A better BG too.

Giovanni Frescura
07-15-2019, 07:18 AM
Hello
for me the photos is nice. The focus is right on the face ..and it is a "like panning"
It give me the right idea of the situation

William Dickson
07-15-2019, 03:07 PM
Looking good Ann...Lovely BG showing the bird well. I like the details around the head area, with good eye contact. Great flight pose.

Will

John Mack
07-15-2019, 03:59 PM
Nice head view of this puffin. Neat how you can see the veins in the webbing of those feet. The mouthful of prey is nice as well. Background is great.

dankearl
07-15-2019, 04:01 PM
I like this.. A nice close up. I am sure you have a ton of
frames with more DOF on your flight shots, this is a nice head on look at one.

Tim Foltz
07-15-2019, 06:43 PM
Ann, I like this, sharp where it needs to be, it shows motion/speed, light is nice, colors are good, perfectly straight on with prey and nice BG.

-Tim

David Roach
07-15-2019, 07:09 PM
Just a spectacular view of the head, prey and those eyes. The OOF wings and body conveys the flight/wind motion wonderfully IMHO. I love this one. Can't wait for more from this trip. TFS

gail bisson
07-15-2019, 07:56 PM
Love the incoming angle.
I know you are not happy with the DOF here but this is the best you could possibly do because of the 500mm, DOF and subject distance.
Face is sharp and I really like the angel wings.
BG colors are beautiful.

Arthur Morris
07-16-2019, 07:18 PM
Too bad you are not still shooting Canon gear; you would have had the feet sharp. But not the head :)

with love, artie

annmpacheco
07-16-2019, 09:23 PM
Too bad you are not still shooting Canon gear; you would have had the feet sharp. But not the head :)

with love, artie
well that was hilarious Artie!

Arthur Morris
07-17-2019, 04:01 AM
well that was hilarious Artie!

:) I forgot to mention that the image is superb, especially that stare.

a

David Salem
07-17-2019, 02:03 PM
Wow!! That is one of the Best Puffin IF frames I have ever seen!! Looking right at us with a mouth full of fish and a Killer BG. Head is razor sharp too. Very nice Ann!

Mervyn Marsh
07-18-2019, 07:14 AM
Amazing photo, love the story this photo tells, great back ground, nice exposure, sharp were it matters, cheers, Merv