PDA

View Full Version : mother harrier with mouse

Bob Smith
07-14-2019, 01:18 PM
Spotting this mother harrier bring food back to her young ones is what led me to them. She was dropping into head high bush that surrounded what must have been her nesting site for 30-40 ft.in all directions. I originally assumed that the young were on the nest until I spotted them deep in a tree nearby. Eventually they flew out and landed in the open and I've had the pleasure of watching them soaring around the area of meadow and trees for the last couple of weeks. I still haven't managed to get a decent shot of them on the birch stump of my earlier post but I know they are still perching there and I'm working on it. Canon 1DxII, EF 100-400 f4.5-5.6 IS + 1.4x III, ISO 4000, f/8, 1/1600, HH182214<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><object type="application/x-KPMPlugin" id="kpm_plugin"></object><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Daniel Cadieux
07-14-2019, 06:43 PM
I love the flared tail feathers, spread primaries, and deep look of concentration. The hint of cloud adds interest. The subject is high in the frame IMO, and there is and odd blue outline around the perimeter of the harrier - not sure what was done in post for that to appear.

John Mack
07-15-2019, 03:58 PM
This is hands down one of your best frames i have seen posted on here. Nice view of the harrier and the prey. Yes there is a halo around the whole bird.

Arthur Morris
07-16-2019, 07:20 PM
Great pose and prey but the blue halo ruins it :(

with love, artie

ps: worth a re-do for sure.

Mervyn Marsh
07-18-2019, 07:16 AM
really nice, love the action with prey, love the eyes in this, really like the subtle clouds in the b/g, nicely done.. Cheers, Merv