PDA

View Full Version : Fledgling gets an itch...

David Roach
07-10-2019, 09:42 AM
EOS R EF400 DO I 1.4xtc II f8 1/2700 ISO 800
This fledgling is at least a month older than the last posted. Colors are moving to the adult phase and hair(plumage) on head is gone. I was in close to get details but constrained by gazebo roof from backing off a little. Thus the clipping of the toes and the left wing when scratching began.

Thanks as always for helpful critiques. Looking forward to more of same.

annmpacheco
07-10-2019, 10:40 AM
Hi David, oh how i wish you did have the gazebo room for all of this young one. Id wish for more below and on the side. Very nice details on the bird, maybe a lift of shadows on the near black wing feathers and also id get rid of the maybe floating feather between the kneecaps. TFS

Arthur Morris
07-10-2019, 11:54 AM
Hint: take off the teleconverter ...

with love, artie

David Roach
07-10-2019, 12:30 PM
:e3 ...
Peace,
David

Hint: take off the teleconverter ...

with love, artie

gail bisson
07-10-2019, 02:32 PM
This would have been really nice if there had been room for the toe and the wing.
As it is, this is a delete for me...:tinysmile_shy_t:

Matt Sutherland
07-10-2019, 11:38 PM
In addition to what others wrote, maybe a different focus point or higher F stop? Maybe just my laptop monitor but it looks tack sharp on the legs toward the back, but just a bit soft from eyes forward.

Dorian Anderson
07-10-2019, 11:46 PM
Exposure and detail on the legs and body is excellent, but the bird is so cramped in the frame. If you have more canvas, go to it! Head also looks the slightest bit soft with focus falling behind it.