PDA

View Full Version : Spoonbill Flap

Jason Hahn
12-27-2007, 07:57 AM
Spoonbill flapping right before taking off, from the CSO's spot:).

Jasper Doest
12-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Hi Jason....lovely pose on a beautiful bird. The only thing which distracts me a bit in this photograph is the great vegetation floating on the water. By chosing a lower angle you would have avoided the vegetation from merging with the bird. Besides that a sweet image, but I am not a big fan of black backgrounds on animal photographs....I don't know why...probably something weird in my brain:D.

Jody Melanson
12-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Awesome shot Jason! Love how the bird really pops with the dark background.

Jim Neiger
12-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Hi Jason,

I love the color in this image and the way it just pops off the black bg. I love images like this with black bgs because of the way the subject just pops off the bg. The reflection and vegetation in the water complete the image by showing glimpses of the setting. Pure black bgs have a tendency to look manipulated, but there is no question about this one. The beautiful lighting, plumage of the bird, and pose of the Spoonbill combine to put this over the top. Very nice!

Alfred Forns
12-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Good things usually happen with the CSO !!! Must have made this one in the morning
I like the spotlight effect !!!!

Maxis Gamez
12-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Lovely light and colors. Excellent wings position as well.

Lana Hays
12-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Jason
I am such a fan of dark BG's as they can make an image so dramatic and spotlight the bird. In this case the spotlight is on a magnificent spoonbill flap in wonderful light.

Judy Lynn Malloch
12-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Very striking image Jason and the dark BG just makes this image jump off the page. Beautifully captured.