PDA

View Full Version : American White Pelican... breeding adult

Joseph Przybyla
06-23-2019, 07:49 PM
I captured this image at Lake Morton in Lakeland, Florida in early March of this year. The last several years there has been a pod of White Pelicans at this lake for a couple months in the winter/spring. Learn more about Lake Morton and the birds there along with seven other sites in The BAA Middle Of Florida Photographic Guide available in the Birds As Art Online Store. The guide is written by Arthur Morris and me. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.9 VRII AF-S ED, image captured at 290mm
1/1000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 180 Auto 1 WB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reduction
Cropped from horizontal for composition and presentation

Arthur Morris
06-24-2019, 05:25 AM
That's a nice bill horn and a nice bright eye. And a perfect head angle for the over-the-shoulder pose. The new e-Guide will be in the store soon. Thanks for your help with that.

a

Steve Kaluski
06-24-2019, 07:24 AM
Lovely colour palette Joe and some cracking detail all round. Just watch the halo on the underside of the bill.

TFS
Steve

Ivan Sjogren
06-24-2019, 07:48 AM
Another lovely portrait Joe!
I think you controlled the whites perceptly and the details are superb. The soft light with the shades of white, blue and yellow works really good together.
Also a stunning pose, eye contact and comp. Steve makes a good observation about the halo on the underside of the bill.

Krishna Prasad kotti
06-24-2019, 11:13 AM
Beautiful Image. Like everything about it

I would have reduce the slight colors cast in the shadow in the bird but that his a personal taste.

TFS

Bob Smith
06-24-2019, 02:58 PM
Wonderful detail in the neck feathers Joe and the colours are spectacular and set off by just the right shade of blue BG.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/282ee288/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/282ee288/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Daniel Cadieux
06-24-2019, 06:15 PM
Excellent all-around Joe. An pretty appealing portrait!

John Mack
06-24-2019, 07:03 PM
Gorgeous portrait. Everthing looks great here.

Tim Foltz
06-24-2019, 07:47 PM
Joe, Very nice details, coloration, pose and HA. Killer portrait.

-Tim