PDA

View Full Version : Scarlet Macaw

Marc Mol
06-22-2019, 08:02 AM
Scarlet Macaw drinking @ clay lick- Yasuni NP, Ecuador.

I'm primarily a wildlife photographer, but one cannot visit Ecuador and ignore the superb bird life.
Having said that, revisiting the remote Napo River after a 26 year absence has really seen a dramatic rise in boat traffic pertaining to the oil industry, and the effect that has had on birdlife, marine life, mammals & reptiles cannot be underestimated. :e3

One highlight being witness to a small flock of Scarlet Macaws drinking at a clay lick, very cautiously they dropped down one by one and my patience in waiting for over 4 hrs was well rewarded!

Captured from inside a small concrete hide and an 800M walk inside the rainforest to this small waterhole clay lick. Slight crop for comp, TK adj's, curves. levels, in ACR & PS CC'19.
Having this hide all to myself and getting the shot before a crowd of 20+ arrived trying to cram in was superbly lucky in timing. :bg3:

Nikon D500
Nikkor 180-400 f/4E
-1 EV
f/4
1/800s
ISO2200@ 390mm.

1400px wide.

Cheers
Marc

Arthur Morris
06-22-2019, 08:47 AM
Nice job with the image design and the REDs. And a tough exposure well-executed. Lots of hard work well rewarded. Heck, birds are wildlife too!

with love, artie

Bill Dix
06-22-2019, 10:27 AM
Your persistence certainly paid off with this lovely image of a gorgeous bird - one of the iconic birds of the tropical forest. Thanks for sharing the image, and the story. Keep 'em coming on Avian.

Marc Mol
06-22-2019, 12:25 PM
Heck, birds are wildlife too!

with love, artie

Too true Artie, :bg3: but I guess I'm referring to the different forum categories. :w3