PDA

View Full Version : Iguana

James McComas
06-30-2008, 07:42 PM
This is a picture of an Iguana from my recent trip to the Bahamas.

Paul Marcellini
06-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Great portrait. We have them in Miami and I've been meaning to shoot some. Only nits are the bright background and the clipped foot.

Robert Amoruso
07-01-2008, 12:34 PM
James,

Love the face and details in the animal. Agree with Paul on the problems with the image. Going higher would have gotten him in the green BG - more pleasing. Plus watch the edges. Crop of face and upper torso a good alternate comp. I also selected the eye, lightened the eye using a levels adjustment and mid-tone slider and then USM at 175/.3/0 to sharpen it more. Makes the eye pop.

Roman Kurywczak
07-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi James,
The bright BG isn't the greatest.......but can possibly be toned down The clipped foot is a problem for me and you should always take care while framing to avoid this in camera. A vert would have allowed you to get the claw in easier and possible a little higher angle to get the head with the water as a BG .........or lower and finding a cleaner one. nicely exposed on the iguana.

Alfred Forns
07-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Hi James I like your original crop but with more room up top and no clipping !!!

The re post eliminates all the issues and looks very good !!! i like the exp and sharpness Lots of character there !!! For these guys you basically have to shoot form ground level to come up with anything !!! I like it !!!