PDA

View Full Version : Coming at you male Ruddy Duck

kevin Hice
06-20-2019, 12:18 PM
Early morning at local slough in Nd. processed with Dpp 4,Photoshop neat image noise reduction. Added some canvas on the right so duck wasn't so centered.Appreciate comments and critiques.
Canon 5D Mark1V
500 f/4 L IS
700 mm
AV
1/2000
ISO 1600

Arthur Morris
06-20-2019, 01:09 PM
I love this bird and this photograph. The low angle, the wake, and the image design are all spot on; all fit perfectly with the small head turn. Love the sublime BKGR colors. Would love to see a side-view portrait. Have they been doing the chest bubble blowing displays???

with love, artie

John Mack
06-20-2019, 05:13 PM
Very nice. Like the head on approach and that sweet light. Nice and sharp as well.

kevin Hice
06-20-2019, 10:22 PM
Thanks Artie ,yes they blow the bubbles a lot. I don't know if I have a good shot . I have been trying just always something missing angle etc.

Ivan Sjogren
06-21-2019, 03:14 AM
Stunner! The colors of the water and the background are very nice indeed. The small waves on that calm water is just too good.
Details and composition looks good too. I do think the dark feathers looks a bit too dark, I think you could bring out more of that rufous color.
The head-on pose works but a slight bigger head turn would have been nice. Would be nice to see more shots from this session...