PDA

View Full Version : Osprey with catch

Tim Foltz
06-19-2019, 06:24 PM
Canon 1DMKIII • 500mm • 1/2000 • f/5.6 • ISO 320 • handheld • manual

So far its been grey May followed by June gloom here in So. CA., so I decided to did through the archives for a post.

Thanks for looking.

-Tim

Bob Smith
06-19-2019, 06:34 PM
The spray of water, the twist of the fish, the upsweep of wing feathers on the downstroke bring this whole image to life TIM---a great look at a master fisher with good focus on the eyes of both the predator and the prey.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/e12ed468/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/e12ed468/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Daniel Cadieux
06-19-2019, 07:11 PM
Neat! I love the twisting fish - perhaps a touch more selective sharpening on it would be good. I wish the near wing was raised a bit higher for a perfect world situation, but I'd gladly keep this in my files anytime!

gail bisson
06-19-2019, 07:22 PM
Your weather sounds just like out Nova Scotia weather.
This image is all about the twisty fish!
I like all the water spay.
I would clone out that little bit of red in the water at the top of the wave mid right frame. I wonder what that is?
I would have loved a slightly better near wing position but definitely like what you have here.
Yes to a bit more sharpening on fish and head of osprey,
Gail

Tim Foltz
06-19-2019, 08:29 PM
Thanks everyone, it's always great to have a few more eyeballs on an image to see things that I missed.

-Tim

Alex Becker
06-20-2019, 09:17 AM
Hi Tim, agree with the above comments and suggestions. Cool action with the splash and the look at the fish. I got a chance to photograph osprey fishing in Florida a couple years ago and it was a blast. TFS

dankearl
06-20-2019, 12:40 PM
The shooting angle is really good.. agree with comments but I would love this frame.