PDA

View Full Version : Royal Tern Landing

Krishna Prasad kotti
06-07-2019, 09:05 AM
I made this image in Fort Desoto State Park, FL.

NIKON D850 , 600 f/4 + 1.4x TCIII
1/8000 sec; f/5.6; ISO 800
Manual; Matrix metering

Post Processing:-
===================
Raw Processing using C1P, Added Selective Brightness on the right wing in Raw Conversion.
No Cropping
Nik 30-30 Filter on the Bird at reduced opacity
Tonal Adjustments in Viveza
Neat Image NR
Sharpening for Presentation
Dodge selectively
No Cloning.

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
Krishna

David Roach
06-07-2019, 09:27 AM
Love the pose, EXP and details. Also love the juxtaposition. No nits here... TFS

Daniel Cadieux
06-07-2019, 10:42 AM
The landing tern is rather superb! Perfect wingspread, excellent details, and the whites look as they should. I like the low angle as well. The other bird is unfortunate IMO, and as posted I could also see a version with a bit less canvas below. Other than that this is a WOW from me!

dankearl
06-07-2019, 02:57 PM
I would get rid of the oof bird in a second....
Nice landing pose and nice exposure.
I have to ask why?

Krishna Prasad kotti
06-07-2019, 03:26 PM
The landing tern is rather superb! Perfect wingspread, excellent details, and the whites look as they should. I like the low angle as well. The other bird is unfortunate IMO, and as posted I could also see a version with a bit less canvas below. Other than that this is a WOW from me!

I agree with the crop. I could have taken some at the bottom.

For me the second bird looks cool, so I choose to have it. Also after you post, I tried to remove the same and was not successful hence I leave it as it is.

John Mack
06-07-2019, 03:33 PM
Great outstreched pose. The way the bird is just above the water is nice. I don't mind the composition and crop as is.

Paul Burdett
06-07-2019, 08:39 PM
A dynamic image Krishna. Excellent pose, detail and sharpness. I'm unsure about the oof bird...one minute I like it, the next I don't. I guess it competes with the main subject...my eye goes back and forth between them, so i think overall I'd lose it. TFS

Colin Driscoll
06-08-2019, 03:37 AM
Terrific pose, details, exposure and water. Another vote for losing the second bird.

Jonathan Ashton
06-08-2019, 06:32 AM
Super whites and details well done. Re OOF gull, quick fix - if you take the clone tool and align on the LHS - same height it makes a half decent job of eliminating the gull, just play around for the most suited area. Content aware and patch don't work too well in this instance, I am sure though with patience any method would work.

kevin Hice
06-08-2019, 09:15 AM
Great shot love the details on the wings and perfect whites. Agree with others about the second bird. For me I would break the bird down into four or more separate parts with the clone tool. TFS